The Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) revealed that about 5,000 Filipinos leave the country daily for contract jobs. Many of the overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) are college undergraduates, holders of certificate courses, and high school graduates.
While they are doing their best to earn money to feed their families, hard work is not enough. If they want to level up their career and increase their market value, they need to make themselves more competitive. The best way to do this is by investing in higher education, such as earning a bachelor’s degree, a master’s degree, or even higher.
This move is an excellent idea because of:
More (and Better) Opportunities
Some overseas jobs require applicants to have a bachelor’s degree. Other companies want to bring onboard people who have a master’s degree or Ph.D. By continuing your education, you can open doors that lead to new and better opportunities for your career. You’ll have better chances of landing a top-level position when you’re a degree holder.
Higher Earning Potential
Postsecondary degrees, including bachelor’s and master’s, can boost your chances of getting higher pay. According to a Pew Research study, the pay gap between high school and college graduates is widening. Adults who only have a high school diploma earn 62 percent of what other people with bachelor’s degrees make.
Better Job Security
Obtaining a college or master’s degree can make you look more valuable to your employer. When the going gets tough for your company, you’re less likely to suffer from job cuts if you have a postsecondary degree.
Better Employment Benefits
Many jobs that require individuals to earn postsecondary education have more or better perks. Benefits, such as travel incentives and premium health care plans, are not typically available for high school level jobs.
Getting an Online Degree Abroad is Possible with AMA OEd
If you’re an OFW who is interested in enriching your education, you’ll be glad to know that you don’t need to leave your overseas job and attend classes in a traditional university to earn a degree. You may enroll at AMA University Online Education (AMA OEd) to further your education. As the first full-service online school in the Philippines, we take pride in providing affordable online education for OFWs.
We have a complete online learning platform that allows Filipino workers overseas to get a bachelor’s, master’s, and doctorate degrees anytime, anywhere. We developed this platform to provide OFWs with alternative learning options.
We believe that education is a right. Factors, such as time, financial capacity, and location, should not limit or prevent an individual from getting a degree. Our aim as an online school is to make learning opportunities available to everyone. It includes providing OFWs with online learning programs to help them achieve their higher education (and career) goals.
Offering a Range of Online Bachelor Degree Programs
We provide a roster of online college degree programs for OFWs. These are a few:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science – This degree provides you with a deep understanding and knowledge of computer science and information and communications technology (ICT).
- Bachelor of Science in Accountancy – You’ll acquire the practical and theoretical skills necessary to become a globally competitive accountant, bookkeeper, or auditor with this degree.
- Bachelor of Secondary Education Major in English – If you have a passion for teaching English to foreigners, you may choose this degree. You’ll get the skills you need to teach this language effectively in high school.
Providing Various Continuing Learning Courses
Our online school also offers online masters and doctorate programs. A few of them are:
- Master in Business Administration – We designed our MBA program to educate young professionals who have minimal work experience for managerial leadership.
- Master of Arts in Computer Education – With this advanced degree, you can teach aspiring educators on how to integrate software and other technologies into their learning activity.
- Doctorate in Information Technology – Taking this Ph.D. degree can help you advance your career as a top-level executive or manager in the IT sector.
Why Choose Us over Other Online Schools
Here are good reasons to pick our online school over other similar educational institutions in the country:
- Our tuition rates are reasonable. You don’t have to spend a lot of your hard-earned money to earn an online degree.
- You will learn from the highly respected professors of AMA University.
- Once you’re enrolled, you don’t have to pay a single centavo to access and download our learning materials.
If you have any inquiries, check out our FAQ page or fill out our contact form.