Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
The Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (BSCS) program is designed to provide outcome-based training in computing that is not only nationally accredited but also globally competitive and to produce graduates who will be professionally competent, morally upright, and socially responsible contributors to national development.
The BSCS program is a study of concepts and theories, algorithmic foundations, implementation and application of information and computing solutions. It prepares students to be IT professional and researches and to be proficient in designing and developing computing solutions.
The curriculum is based on the standards set by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) and is benchmarked from the curricula of leading academic institutions, national and international, offering similar business programs and addresses the needs of the industry.
The program leading to the degree of Bachelor of Science in Computer Science has the following objectives:
To enable students to obtain a comprehensive knowledge of computer science and deep understanding of the field of information and communications technology.
To prepare students to be proficient in designing and developing computing solutions.
To enable students to acquire the theoretical and practical skills needed to be globally competitive computer scientists.
To enable students to get a broad liberal education in the arts and letters, social sciences and philosophy, natural science and mathematics.
To enable students to develop the cultural sensitivity, ethical responsibility, and social consciousness needed to become upright citizens of the Philippines and the world.
- Prepared to undertake research and development.
- Able to conduct systems analysis, perform system design and development and implement project management.
- Able to provide appropriate technical support.
- Able to conduct personnel development.
- Able to engage in continuing professional development.
- Able to engage in technopreneurship and practice professional ethics.
- Computer Scientist
- Systems and Software Engineer
- Software Developer
- Multimedia Authoring
- Computer Animation Experts
- Robotics Technology Specialist
- Computer Science Instructor
- Applications Developer
- Database Programmer/Designer
- Information Security Specialist
- Quality Assurance Specialist
- Systems Analyst
- Systems Developer
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Self