Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Major in Financial Management
The BS Business Administration major in Financial Management program aims to prepare the students to possess a strong foundation on theory, principles and concepts, as well as the analytical tools and perspective that would provide a sound and competitive basis for financial discussion making. The program requires high levels of dynamism and commitment from the students. The student will work in depth in each course through proper balancing of finance theory and research literature with the practical aspects of financial management. The program aims to produces graduates for careers in financial department of general businesses, investment banking firm, broker-dealer firms, management consulting firms, various departments of commercial banks and other financial institutions, central banks and international financial institutions.
The degree program described herein shall be called Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, (BSBA). The degree of Bachelor of Science in Commerce (BSC) shall henceforth be discontinued and the Higher Education and Institution (HEI’s) that currently offer the Bachelor of Science in Commerce (BSC) are enjoined to rename their programs following this new nomenclature. Five distinct majors or specializations maybe offered under BSBA programs. Human Resource Management, Marketing Management, Financial Management, Operation Management and business Economics.
The curriculum is based on the standards and minimum requirements of the Commission on Higher Education (CMO 17 s. 2017) and is bench-marked against the curricula of leading local and international academic institutions offering seminar program.
1. Assume supervisory and or managerial responsibilities within their organization.
2. Pursue graduate studies in Business and management.
3. Manage a business.
The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration major in Financial Management program aims to produce globally competitive graduates who will be professionally competent, morally upright, and socially responsible contributors to national development.
Specifically, in two to five years after graduation, the BS Business Administration alumni shall:
1. Qualify for a career in business administration specifically in various general and specialized financial management, investment management trust operation, financial securities markets, capital market, foreign currency markets, supervisory and managerial positions; and
2. Acquire the competencies, skills knowledge, and work value necessary for self-employment.
- Management Trainee in Corporate Finance
- Management Trainee in bank or insurance company
- New Account Personnel
- Credit and Collection Assistant
- Credit Analyst
- Treasury Assistant
- Traders/Financial Analyst
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Self