Bachelor of Elementary Education
The Bachelor of Elementary Education is designed to equip students with the basic and
specialized knowledge and skills necessary in their practice as professional teacher. The design
features various components such as foundational general education, teaching and learning skills,
methodological skills, experiential knowledge and skills, professional and ethical values, and subject
matter knowledge appropriate to the level of teaching.
The program aims to produce graduates who will be professionally competent, morally upright,
and socially responsible contributors to national development. The BEEd is structure to meet the
needs of professional teachers for elementary schools in the Philippines. It aims to develop
elementary school teachers who are generalists and can teach across the different learning areas in
The curriculum is based on the standards set by the Commission on Higher Education (CMO
#30 s 2004) and is benchmarked from the curricula of leading academic institutions, national and
international, offering similar programs.
The program leading to the degree of Bachelor of Elementary Education has the following
- . To enable students to obtain a comprehensive knowledge and deep understanding of the field
of Elementary education;
- To enable students to acquire the theoretical and practical skills needed to be globally
competitive and nationally certified Elementary School Teacher;
- To enable students to get a broad liberal education in the arts and letters, social sciences and
philosophy, natural science and mathematics;
- To enable students to get a broad teaching education that includes concepts and ideas included
in curriculum development, instruction, and assessment;
- To enable students to gain an entry-level teaching position in the public or private sector and/or
pursue graduate study.
- To enable students to develop the cultural sensitivity, ethical responsibility, and social
consciousness needed to become upright citizens of the Philippines and the world.
The graduates of Bachelor of Elementary Education may find employment as public or private elementary teacher.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Self