Bachelor of Secondary Education Major in English
The Bachelor of Secondary Education Major in English degree is equivalent to level 6 of the Philippine Qualifications Framework. It is designed to integrate theory and practice to prepare the students for effective communication. The program provides a world-class bachelor’s degree that is nationally accredited. It also aims to produce graduates who will be professionally competent, morally upright, and socially responsible contributors to national dvelopment.
The program leading to the degree of Bachelor of Secondary Education major in English the following objectives:
1. To enable students to obtain a comprehensive knowledge and deep understanding of the field of secondary education;
2. To enable students to acquire the theoretical and practical skills needed to be globally competitive and nationally certified Secondary School Teacher in English;
3. To enable students to get a broad liberal education in the arts and letters, social sciences and philosophy, natural science and mathematics;
4. To enable students to get a broad teaching education that includes concepts and ideas included in curriculum development, instruction, and assessment;
5. To enable students to gain an entry-level teaching position in the public or private sector and/or pursue graduate study.
6. To enable students to develop the cultural sensitivity, ethical responsibility, and social consciousness needed to become upright citizens of the Philippines and the world.
The graduates of Bachelor of Secondary Education major in English may find employment as public or private secondary school teacher.