Bachelor of Secondary Education
Major in Computer Science
The Bachelor of Secondary Education (BSED) is designed to equip students with the basic and specialized knowledge and skills necessary in their practice as professional secondary teacher. The design features various components such as foundational general education, teaching and learning skills, methodological skills, experimental knowledge skills, professional and ethical values, and subject matter knowledge appropriate to the level of teaching. It aims to produce graduates who will be professionally competent, morally upright and socially responsible contributors to national development. The Bachelor of Secondary Education major in Computer Science (BSED-CS) aims to develop teachers who can teach Computer Science and allied subjects in high school.
1. To enable students to obtain a comprehensive knowledge and deep understanding of the field of secondary education with specialization in the field of computing;
2. To enable students to acquire the theoretical and practical skills needed to be globally competitive and nationally certified Secondary School Teacher in Computer technology;
3. To enable students to get a broad liberal education in the arts and letters, social sciences and philosophy, natural science and mathematics;
4. To enable students to get a broad teaching education that includes concepts and ideas included in curriculum development, instruction, and assessment;
5. To enable students to gain an entry-level teaching position in the public or private sector and/or pursue graduate study.
6. To enable students to develop the cultural sensitivity, ethical responsibility, and social consciousness needed to become upright citizens of the Philippines and the world.
The graduates of Bachelor of Secondary Education major in Computer Science may find employment as public or private secondary school teacher.