Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication
The Bachelor of Arts in Communication (BA Communication) will develop students to become leaders in the field of communication, journalism, broadcasting, and marketing. This includes subject matter in communication and interpersonal relationships, groups, organizations, and cultures.
The program leading to the degree of Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication has the following objectives:
1. To train students to acquire knowledge and skills in planning, managing and evaluating communication programs;
2. To enable students to obtain a comprehensive knowledge and deep understanding of the field of communication in order for them to design and produce multimedia (print, broadcast, audiovisual and electronic) outputs;
3. To enable students to acquire the theoretical and practical skills needed to design, manage and evaluate communication campaigns;
4. To enable students to design media-based learning systems, and conduct communication media research;
5. To enable students to get a broad liberal education in the arts and letters, social sciences and philosophy, natural science and mathematics.
6. To enable students to develop the cultural sensitivity, ethical responsibility, and social consciousness needed to become upright citizens of the Philippines and the world.
Public and corporate communication/information officer
Social science and communications researcher/analyst
Communication/media planner and manager
Program/project development officer
Public relations and advertising practitioner
Learning system designer