Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
The Bachelor of Science in Information Technology program is designed to provide outcome-based IT training that is not only nationally accredited but also globally competitive and to produce graduates who will be professionally competent, morally upright, and socially responsible contributors to national development.
The program is a study of the utilization of computers and computer software to plan, install, customize, operate, manage, administer and maintain information technology infrastructure. It prepares students to be IT professionals well versed on application, installation, operation, development, maintenance and administration of IT hardware and software.
The curriculum is based on the standards set by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) and is benchmarked from the curricula of leading academic institutions, national and international, offering similar business programs and addresses the needs of the industry.
The program leading to the degree of Bachelor of Science in Information Technology has the following objectives:
To enable students to obtain a comprehensive knowledge and deep understanding of latest technology in information and communications.
To prepare students to be well versed on application, installation, operation, development, maintenance and administration and familiar with hardware installation, operation and maintenance.
To enable students to acquire the theoretical and practical skills needed to be globally competitive computer scientists.
To enable students to get a broad liberal education in the arts and letters, social sciences and philosophy, natural science and mathematics.
To enable students to develop the cultural sensitivity, ethical responsibility, and social consciousness needed to become upright citizens of the Philippines and the world.
- Prepared to undertake research and development.
- Able to conduct systems analysis, perform system design and development and implement project management.
- Able to provide appropriate technical support.
- Able to conduct personnel development.
- Able to engage in continuing professional development.
- Able to engage in technopreneurship and practice professional ethics.
- Applications Developer
- Database Administrator
- Database Analyst
- Network Administrator
- Network Specialist
- Network Operations Analyst
- Information Security Administrator
- Systems Analyst
- Technical Support Specialist
- Information Security Specialist
- Web Administrator/Web Master
- Web Developer
- Information Technology Instructor
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Self