Bachelor of Arts in English
The Bachelor of Arts in English program is designed to provide a world – class bachelor’s education in English that is not only nationally accredited but also globally competitive and to produce graduates who will be professionally competent, morally upright, and socially responsible contributors
to national development.
The curriculum is based on the standards and minimum requirement of the Commission on Higher Education (CMO#44 s 1997) and is benchmarked from the curricula of leading academic institutions, national and international, offering similar program.
The program leading to the degree of Bachelor of Arts in English has the following objectives:
- Produce competent and effective teachers who are articulate speakers of English and Foreign Language, which skill would make them globally competitive leaders in the field of education.
- Enable graduates to demonstrate a high level of English proficiency both in oral and written forms;
- Enable graduates to reason clearly and logically and to express themselves forcefully either orally or in writing.
- Enable graduates to analyze, synthesize and probe approaches to different human problems and to marshal relevant information on a given topic or problem.
- Enable graduates to utilize facts or information in projects or activities designated to enlighten the people or to improve their physical, intellectual, emotional and spiritual conditions.
- To enable students to acquire the theoretical and practical skills needed to be globally competitive and nationally certified a professional English Teachers.
- To develop the critical, analytical and comparative skills by engagement with a wide range of texts written in English
- To engage and enhance the students enthusiasm for the subject and their awareness of its social and cultural importance.
- To enable students to get a broad liberal education in the arts and letters, social sciences and philosophy, natural science and mathematics.
- To enable students to develop the cultural sensitivity, ethical responsibility, and social consciousness needed to become upright citizens of the Philippines and the world.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Self